In November 2023 Bridge International Academies Kenya pupils entered the Kenya Primary School Education Assessment for the second year.
There is no ‘pass mark’ in the KPSEA exams. Grade 6 exams are used to monitor learning progress of the pupils.
Bridge is far surpassing the national average in KPSEA with an average of 55.41 compared to 46.53 achieved nationally.
- KPSEA pass rate has improved with 5 points to 78% compared to 73% achieved in 2022
- 51 academies had a mean score of 55% or higher. With the top academy Chiga -KIS scoring a mean score of 72%
- 5 subjects had 80% of the pupils achieving “Exceed and Meet” benchmarks: English Language, Kiswahili Lugha, Physical and Health Education , Social Studies and Religious Education
Academy Level Performance
- 2 academies had a mean score of 70+
- 49 academies had a mean score between 55-69 points
- 78 academies had a above the pass mark of 50 points
Bridge is far surpassing the national average of academies scoring a mean score of 50 points and above
Bridge academies for two consecutive years outperformed the National Performance
Academies managed by Bridge in 2023 have a higher pass rate compared with the pass rate in 2022. There was an improvement of 5 points compared to last year scores
Bridge academies achieved a mean score of 50 points or higher across the majority of the subjects compared to the National Performance