The vast majority of parents who live in Bridge communities (Informal settlements and rural areas) can afford to educate their children in Bridge schools but barely can afford to take their children to secondary schools. Such parents always struggle and need additional support. Transitioning to secondary school is critical in building our future leaders. As a result of this, Bridge Kenya works with various organizations to provide secondary school scholarships to children from needy families. This ensures 100% transition to secondary school and access to education for all.
Why scholarship is important for secondary school education
- By offering a scholarship to a Bridge pupil to pursue a secondary school education, you are supporting families who would otherwise struggle to send their children to secondary schools. This allows the students to focus more on the most important aspect of school, which is learning.
- Your support can change the world by helping children realize their dreams and become who they want to be in the future. Your support will contribute to building the leaders for tomorrow.
- Supporting a student in secondary school offers them a gateway to success; a way to escape from generational poverty and lead fulfilling lives. It brings lasting transformation to the individual, their family, and their community.
Secondary Scholarship Process for Bridge Alumni Students
Secondary Schools Scholarships
How does the secondary scholarship work?
- Bridge maps out the needy and bright students in need of secondary school scholarships.
- Once you contact us as an interested sponsor, you will be required to fill out a scholarship form requesting information on the number of children you would like to sponsor, the period of time for the scholarship, and any preference you may have regarding the gender, exam performance score, the location you would like to work with.
- You will then receive the profiles of students who urgently need your support and information as to how to sponsor them to secondary schools they have been called to by the Ministry of Education.
- After completing the scholarship process you will receive regular updates on the progress of the children you have sponsored through sharing their academic progress reports from the secondary schools they are attending and also their parents’ contacts in case you want to contact them directly.
We begin a long-term journey together of practically transforming lives.
To find out more on how you can sponsor a child’s secondary school education, submit your interest below. Secondary School Scholarship -Sign up Form
Quotes from children who have been sponsored.
I am grateful for the scholarship by EFAC that I am now able to pursue my dreams at Mama Ngina girls.Were it not for them i am sure my parents would not have afforded to pay my school fees” Precious Kahelu
“I am attending high school under the Elimu scholarship program.If it were not for them, I really have no idea how I would have managed to finance my secondary school education” Chrispo Morara
Quotes from parents
My name is Martha Moraa, parent to Joyce Kemunto.When my daughter passed her exams and secured a place in Alliance Girls (National Secondary School), I was very worried because I knew I was not going to manage to pay her fees. We live on barely a 2 dollars a day, feeding from hand to mouth. I am grateful that a sponsor came through to see my daughter pursue her dream of becoming an NeuroSurgeon. Martha Moraa
My name is Joseph Ouma parent of Alex Odiwuor. My son is currently in form 3 at Maranda High school courtesy of a sponsor whom Bridge International Academies connected me to.Were it not for the sponsorship,I do not know what would have become of my son because was not able to afford his school fees. I am very grateful to his sponsor and I know my son is going to perform well in his KCSE. Joseph Ouma
Quotes from scholarship partners
Making a difference in a child’s life means so much to me and I am happy that I am able to do so through this program. Truphena Owiti.
100% of scholarship funds received go towards scholarship-related costs.
Would you like to offer a scholarship?
Write to email@example.com for more details