The vast majority of parents who live in Bridge communities can afford to educate all their children in Bridge schools. However, there will always be some parents who struggle and need additional support. As a result of this Bridge Kenya runs an extensive sponsorship program ensuring that there truly is access for all.
Why Sponsor A Primary School Pupil?
- By sponsoring a pupil at Bridge Kenya, you are supporting families who would otherwise struggle to send their children to their local Bridge school; allowing them to focus more on the most important aspect of school, which is learning.
- Supporting a child’s education offers them a gateway to success; a way to escape the poverty cycle. It brings lasting transformation to the individual, their family and their community.
Sponsorship opportunities available at Bridge Kenya
Primary Schools Sponsorships
How does the sponsorship work?
- Once you contact us as an interested sponsor, you will be required to fill a sponsorship form requesting for information on the number of children you would like to sponsor, the period of time and any preference you may have regarding the gender, location or age of the pupils you are sponsoring.
- You will then receive the profiles of pupils who urgently need your support and information as to how to sponsor them.’
- After completing the sponsorship process you will receive regular updates on the progress of the children you have sponsored.
- We begin a long-term journey together of practically transforming lives.
What does sponsorship cover?
- Tuition: By sponsoring a child’s tuition, you enable a disadvantaged pupil to study for an entire academic year. From this, a pupil will receive nearly 50 hours of instruction a week for an academic year and education materials such as textbooks for every subject, fun reading books, practical learning tools, homework books, co-curricular, and more.
For sponsors who support at least 10 pupils in one school, we offer a 10% discount off the full tuition fees.
Aside from tuition fees, a sponsor can choose to sponsor a child in other areas such as:
- School Feeding: For some families, accessing a warm, balanced meal before the start of the day or at the end of the day can be a challenge. We also know that if a child is hungry they won’t be able to concentrate in class and affecting their performance. Our school feeding program provides healthy lunch for pupils in school improving their readiness to learn.
- Uniforms: The inability to afford a new school uniform forces needy children to wear torn pieces of clothing or old home clothes making them feel embarrassed and isolated from other children. Through the sponsorship program, a child will receive a brand new uniform every year boosting their confidence to learn and socialize with other children.
To find out more on how you can sponsor a child’s tuition, school feeding or uniform, submit your interest below.
I am interested in sponsoring a pupil
Quotes from children who have been sponsored.
My name is Josephine Nyakundi, an alumnus of Bridge Rongai. I am currently a student at Presbyterian College, South Caroline. When I was a student at Bridge, I got to study in the last years of my primary school for free since my full school fees were covered by a sponsor. My life has changed for the better with the support I am getting from Bridge.
Quote from existing sponsors
“We have sponsored Bridge pupils for 4 years now and have seen the impact sponsorship has made to the communities we support”- Musa Mohammed
Regional Director-Helping Hand for Relief and Development (HHRD).
What will you receive from your sponsorship?
You will receive progress updates of the child you sponsor and our work in Bridge Kenya at the end of every school year.
Once a year you will also receive a card with a special message!
100% of sponsorship funds received goes towards sponsorship-related costs; tuition, food or uniform.